• Welcome to Advance DreamBox Forum. Please login or sign up.

VMware ESX(i) 4.0 Update 2 build 261974

Started by arjanhs, June 25, 2010, 08:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arjanhs

Virtualisatie heeft de laatste jaren een steeds prominentere plek veroverd. Bekende namen zijn onder andere Xen en VMware. Het laatstgenoemde bedrijf heeft met zijn vSphere 4  een stevig platform in handen. Een belangrijk onderdeel van dat platform is VMware ESX, dat ook in een beperkte vorm als een gratis te gebruiken bare-metal-hypervisor is te gebruiken, met VMware ESXi als productnaam. Voor meer informatie wordt doorverwezen naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben alweer even geleden een nieuwe uitgave vrijgegeven met ditmaal 4.0 Update 2 build 261974 als versienummer. De lijst met vernieuwingen voor ESX  en ESXi  ziet er als volgt uit:

What's New

The following information provides highlights of some of the enhancements available in this release of VMware ESX:

* Enablement of Fault Tolerance Functionality for Intel Xeon 56xx Series processors— vSphere 4.0 Update 1 supports the Intel Xeon 56xx Series processors without Fault Tolerance. vSphere 4.0 Update 2 enables Fault Tolerance functionality for the Intel Xeon 56xx Series processors.
        * Enablement of Fault Tolerance Functionality for Intel i3/i5 Clarkdale Series and Intel Xeon 34xx Clarkdale Series processors— vSphere 4.0 Update 1 supports the Intel i3/i5 Clarkdale Series and Intel Xeon 34xx Clarkdale Series processors without Fault Tolerance. vSphere 4.0 Update 2 enables Fault Tolerance functionality for the Intel i3/i5 Clarkdale Series and Intel Xeon 34xx Clarkdale Series processors.
        * Enablement of IOMMU Functionality for AMD Opteron 61xx and 41xx Series processors— vSphere 4.0 Update 1 supports the AMD Opteron 61xx and 41xx Series processors without input/output memory management unit (IOMMU). vSphere 4.0 Update 2 enables IOMMU functionality for the AMD Opteron 61xx and 41xx Series processors.
        * Enhancement of the esxtop/resxtop utility— vSphere 4.0 Update 2 includes an enhancement of the performance monitoring utilities, esxtop and resxtop. The esxtop/resxtop utilities now provide visibility into the performance of NFS datastores in that they display the following statistics for NFS datastores: Reads/s, writes/s, MBreads/s, MBwrtn/s, cmds/s, GAVG/s(guest latency).
        * Additional Guest Operating System Support— ESX/ESXi 4.0 Update 2 adds support for Ubuntu 10.04. For a complete list of supported guest operating systems with this release, see the VMware Compatibility Guide.

Resolved Issues – In addition, this release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section (ESX, ESXi).

Website   VMware
Download   http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_downloads/vmware_vsphere_4/4